Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tri Colored Pasta

Cooking class is tonight, and I'm so excited!
We're going to be making FRESH made tri-color pasta
I'm trying to stay away from carbs but I can make an exception once and a while..
After all, a cook has to sample what they made to make sure it's good :]

Cooking class has been inspiring me so much more to cook and to think outside the box and to experiment with new things in the kitchen.
Just this past weekend, my boyfriend and I made Chicken Parmesan:
Lightly breading salt free seasoned bread crumbs, 1 cage free egg, skim mozzerella cheese & heart healthy tomato sauce.
As a side dish we made: 
Whole wheat penne pasta with chopped onions and peppers with garlic and oil. 
mmm I'm getting hungry thinking about it, delicious and fairly healthy meal!

Yesterday for lunch i had:
2 cups baby spinach, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1 golden delicious apple, 1 tblsp rice wine vinegar.
Delicious a bit sweet and tart, nice balance. & very healthy

I'm enjoying cooking class so much that I'm contemplating going to culinary school. 
Like a full in depth course with tests and the uniforms and all that good stuff at an accredited school not just for fun or to dip my feet in the pool. 
Unfortunately it's going to run me about $6,000 that I don't currently have.... but I can possibly see about getting financial aide. Or take out student loans and pay them back, I think I might have found something that I'm good at AND makes me happy. 
I think hell just froze over...

No comments: