Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cancer

A girl i went to school with, her brother died in a car accident at a very young age. She misses her brother every day and posts about him a lot on facebook. Mainly about how she wishes he was here to talk to and get advice from him, wishing she could just see him one more time, missing out on partying with him and stuff like that.
I just found out today, that this same girl... her mom lost her battle with cancer and passed away. I knew her mom had cancer, because i rang them up a while ago and she was bald with a scarf on her head. but i was under the impression she was in re-mission? Not that it's any of my business i didnt ask questions.
I feel so bad for this poor girl, to have lost her brother so young, and now to have lost her mom? makes me appreciate my family a little bit more. they might get on my nerves sometimes, but i dont know what i would do if anything happened to them. i think i would fall apart.
i know the cycle of life, is to bury your parents... but to bury your brother and like a decade later, bury your mom.... and to be so young to experience so much loss?? i dont know what i would do if i were her.
i never hear her talk about her dad either, so i don't even know if he is in the picture or not. So sad.

No comments: