Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Misfits

Next Friday for a early Valentines Day present, I am taking my boyfriend to see his first real concert.
Yes, the love of my life made it to 25 years hold and has not seen a real concert, crazy!!!
He has seen Ne-Yo at six flags once before he really got famous/popular.
We are going to see one of my all time favorite bands,
The Misfits!!
I have been listening to The Misfits since I was probably around 16 years old.
They have gone through some lead singers, but I will always be a fan.
Unless their lyrics get crappy...
I have not seen them live with Jerry Only as the singer yet, and I have heard mixed reviews regarding him as a live performer.
 
A few years back I was able to see old lead singer Michael Graves play an acoustic set at Club Europa in NYC, he was amazing. I loved his set so much, I was also a little drunk I cried when he played Saturday Night, one of my all-time favorite songs.
 
I hope I have a great experience seeing them live now as I did seeing Michael Graves a few years ago. I don't like being let down by live performances of bands that I Love.
 
I will Definitely make an entry after the concert which I keep psyching myself up for.
And its going to be a semi local show too, at The Paramount in Huntington NY.
 

8 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Well let him know I've got him beat, almost 30 and never been to a concert haha

Fbg666 said...

I highly reccomend going to a concert atleast once pat. To me, music is life so when I have the ability to go, I absolutely love going to concerts and screaming the lyrics along with the bands :)

Michael D'Agostino said...

I hope it lives up to your expectations! I was 16 when I saw my first concert.

Fbg666 said...

Local and big concerts, the only band I've been dissapointed live was Green Day. I left midway through their set.

Michael D'Agostino said...

Really??? That was my favourite concert ever! When was it and what disappointed you about it?

Fbg666 said...

Back in 2010 or 2011, my biggest gripe was they we're pulling kids kn stage and they had the kids singing the songs. I'm all about getting the crowed amped up and involved, but I wanted to hear billy joe Armstrong sing not a bunch of little kids.... They did this for over an hour!

Michael D'Agostino said...

Okay I can see how that would suck. That didn't happen when I saw them, they got one older guy to be the singer for one song and they got one kid up on stage for a bit of a skit, but that was it.

Fbg666 said...

I'm all for getting the crowd involved like I said, but he had other people singing for over an hour I was like this is getting ridiculous I'm leaving lol AFI opened for them and they were awesome so it wasn't a total waste