Monday, March 30, 2015

Dieting/ weight loss

So a few weeks ago I got weighed at the doctor and to my disbelief I have gained back all the weight I had lost a few years ago.
I don't know how I let myself go that route again and honestly the fact that none of my jeans fit anymore should have tipped me off....
But I'm keepin my "skinny jeans" at my parents house in the hopes that I will be able to once again she'd those pounds.
It was super traumatic for me too when I saw the scale I almost cried in the doctors office.
I had to go out and buy a few pairs of jeans that fit me, so discouraging.
My problem is, I LOVE food.....
I sometimes over eat because the food is so good I can't stop myself.
It's like a drug.
I've cut out fried foods and sweets which is also helping my skin complection.
I've cut down on carbs except natural carbs in fruits and vegetables.
I haven't stepped on the scale yet because I'm honestly afraid.
I've been trying to portion my meals with healthy foods but I don't know if I've had successful results yet because I haven't stepped back on the evil scale.

Does anyone have tips/tricks they use in order to lose weight?
Obviously safe suggestions preferred i can never be anorexic or bulemic.
Please comment below :)

3 comments:

Michael D'Agostino said...

These four things have helped keep me in fantastic shape.

1: Lots of water
2: No fizzy drinks, even diet ones.
3: No greasy fast foods (McDonalds, KFC etc)
4: Be active, it's fun ;)

Following those rules, I can generally have all the cake and chocolate I want and it doesn't affect me :)

Fbg666 said...

No matter how much I diet, I try not to eat chocolate/cake because I can't control myself and then I spiral out of control with eating lol weird thing is, I hardly ever eat fast food. My problem is bread, sweets, and portion size. Trying to cut down portion size and going low carb, it's almost impossible to go carb free.

Jax said...

I know you...and you almost always go for the healthy route!!! Kesha taught me this trick. Buy smaller plates and bowls. I have designated "ice cream bowls" to help me not overeat.